PDA

View Full Version : ILWUG is down

Philbert
08-20-2011, 03:54 PM
So it looks like the International LightWave User Group site (ILWUG.com) is down. I kinda figured this would happen unfortunately. Does anyone have the videos? Any way they could be put on YouTube perhaps? I am capable of posting longer videos on YouTube so I would even be willing to host them on my account if need be.

torturebori007
08-20-2011, 05:50 PM
What kind of stuff was on this site, since I have never heard of it.

Philbert
08-20-2011, 07:01 PM
There were a number of really long (like an hour long) video interviews with industry vets like Rob Powers (before he joined NT) and Gary Hutzel. About all kinds of things, but tons of LightWave in there of course. Of course with it being a use5r group these interviews were all live webinars that we took part in, asking questions and such. I actually won a copy of Project Dogwaffle, just for being in attendance.

evenflcw
08-21-2011, 03:20 AM
Kurv was involved and is the owner of that address. Since falling out with most of the community, I doubt that he has much interest in maintaining the site anymore. It wont generate him any sales in the end or improve his standing much anyways.

OnlineRender
08-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Wait to you see what I have in the pipeline ..............

for all the good and bad surronding this issue * I do feel somewhat estranged ... Lightwave needs as many supporters as possible .

torturebori007
08-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Yeah that other site, I forgot its name, subpatchmodeling or something like that. Thats where I started looking and the next thing I came to it, it was gone. Man, I wish I would have gotten some tuts from there. But oh well, I just don't understand how someone can let that die. Anyways..

Im supporting it, but Im no expert, just a new guy on the block...and on a mac learning as much as I can.

Philbert
08-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Agreed, if he doesn't want to host them anymore then that's fine. But this would be like an art gallery deciding to close down so they burn all the art along with closing. Except that there was good information and loads of knowledge in those interviews so it's worse.

torturebori007
08-21-2011, 10:19 AM
it would be a total shame...At least for the love of LightWave it self it should be up.