PDA

View Full Version : Copy items from layout into another layout

geo_n
08-19-2011, 03:51 AM
Not sure if there's an existing function or plugin for this but it would be great to be able to copy an item in layout, lights, objects, etc, and then paste it to another layout. Skipping the merge items functions so it only copies/paste in clipboard.

nickdigital
08-22-2011, 10:55 PM
I guess that's what Load Items From Scene is for.

geo_n
08-23-2011, 01:26 AM
That workflow is slow. :D
When working on one layout and its doing something else, I could open another layout and do some animation, adjustment, etc then when I'm ready to merge that into the previous layout its a matter of copy paste done :D
I am doing this with another 3d program and found that if dealing with many items, its a big timesaver compared to browsing your computer, doing load items from scene, checking carefully which ones to merge.
I'm all for workflow enhancement now instead of trying to force newtek to make a super powerful app. :D
Just like that send to bnr script from layout would save tons of time instead of browsing for the file among hundreds of file iterations, you can click render in layout and bnr does its thing. :D
Wonder is it possible with Amleto since its free now with unlimited node support :D

Lewis
08-23-2011, 04:09 AM
That would be easy Drag&drop if we could open multiple scenes in layout. Sadly we can't :(. So yeah send it as Feature Request.

evenflcw
08-23-2011, 04:20 AM
It really wouldn't be full featured or have a good workflow until we can also select items of different types at the same time. Else you would have to copy&past/drag&drop multiple times and any relations between different item types might brake in the process as they will not be brought over at the same time.