PDA

View Full Version : 10.1 Layout Crashing

michaeldejong
08-18-2011, 07:49 PM
:help:

What would you consider the culprit to be for this scenario;

When I have both layout and modeler modules open, and need to tweak an object then switch to modeler then back to layout, i get a critical error window and then have to stop layout by force.

This happens about 1/3 of the time, and it happens when VPR is both on or off. Its a new machine and a clean install.

Any ideas ?

Snosrap
08-18-2011, 08:55 PM
If I get crazy things like this the first thing I usually do is trash my .cfg's (save them in a safe location first) and restart LW. Corrupted .cfgs can cause all kinds of issues.

meshpig
08-19-2011, 03:29 AM
:help:

What would you consider the culprit to be for this scenario;

When I have both layout and modeler modules open, and need to tweak an object then switch to modeler then back to layout, i get a critical error window and then have to stop layout by force.

This happens about 1/3 of the time, and it happens when VPR is both on or off. Its a new machine and a clean install.

Any ideas ?

Rather than ditch the cfg's try merging points (m), removing 1&2 point polys (w- select,delete) and then unifying polys (shift I) first. Quite often those sorts of irregularities will cause Mr. quit to spit the dummy:)