PDA

View Full Version : Great 2D-ish (2.5) animation

jeric_synergy
08-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Here's a fine bit of work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhGuXCuDb1U#!

Mostly 2D, but some bits of 2.5 D in there too, esp the 'solar system' bit. Also, a fine example of imitating some retro-styles in a modern fashion. Not to mention the beat-nik vibe.

cresshead
08-18-2011, 05:53 PM
most excellent, thank you for sharing the video url
very witty and well realised into an animation.

Nangleator
08-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Tim Minchin is awesome. Please enjoy his Pope song, as well, if you're difficult to offend.

P.S. Pope song is EXTREMELY not safe for work.

Shabazzy
08-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I admit to not being a fan of poetry as I don't see the point of it and have even less respect for those who take it up as a profession or study it. But I must say that the animation really helps make it more digestible.

So to summarise, that's some seriously good anim work. I totally loved it. 5 stars.

Red_Oddity
08-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Tim Minchin is awesome. Please enjoy his Pope song, as well, if you're difficult to offend.

P.S. Pope song is EXTREMELY not safe for work.

Depends on where you work.

jeric_synergy
08-19-2011, 03:04 PM
If you liked this, SEARCH for "Shop Vac" on YouTube.

Shabazzy, that's a really odd stance for someone in a creative field. WhatEV.

Shabazzy
08-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Shabazzy, that's a really odd stance for someone in a creative field. WhatEV.

I can't argue with that.

I am indeed a conundrum.:screwy:

Nangleator
08-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Shabazzy, I used to be like that. I still don't seek out poetry, but I appreciate it more, now. Look at it like this. The aim of poetry is the ultimate in word efficiency. The fewest possible words for the most possible meaning and conveyed experience.

If the rhyming seems silly, consider the arbitrary constraints we place on ourselves when we seek to model for subdivision. Rhyming and sentence structure are a poet's quads and poly flow.