PDA

View Full Version : Node Editor Query?

daz1761
08-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi

I have used the node editor for the first time today and as i am fairly new to lightwave i did find it rather overwhelming. But it did sort of make sense except when a spot info was needed in order to get a mixer working when in my opinion it seemed like after choosing a fg and bg color within the mixer it should work, but apparently it needed this spot info to function properly. I am just wondering if I have enough experience to understand why this spot info was needed and also where would be best to start learning about the node editor?

I have attached a picture so my rabble should make sense

Many thanks

evenflcw
08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Your "rabble" and attached image will not make sense unless you also tell us what you were aiming to achieve. Otherwise we cannot judge whether it was done correctly or tell you of alternative ways to achieve the same thing.

But it seems like you wanted the brick texture on the inside (inward facing normal), and the other texture on the outside (outward facing normal) of a surface. In which case there is nothing wrong with the setup and Spot>Polygon Side is needed (aswell as double sided surface option) and best to use, rather than calculating normals directly or whatnot.