PDA

View Full Version : Scene2Modeler Bust by 10.1?

JBT27
08-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Sven's Scene2Modeler has been working great in 10.00, but it seems broekn by 10.1 ... unless I set it up wrong in the new setup ... don't think so though.

When I select two objects, hit the Scene2Modeler button and select 'Selected Only' and 'Save as Transformed' I get an error:

Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\NewTek,Lightwave 10.1\support\plugins\scripts\/data/info.txt'

That backslash then forward slash is as reported in the error. Hopefully I've missed something ... ??

Julian.

Svenart
08-18-2011, 09:53 AM
hi,

I just testet Scene2modeler V1.3.1 with LW10.1 32bit and here it is working fine. I have selected 2 objects, and activated "Selected only" and "Save as Transformed". No Error here.

The strange looking forwardslash is maybe confusing but this way (dont ask me why) it is also working on Macīs.

Wich version of Scene2Modeler are you using?

The file "info.txt" is a textfile created by the layout script to store informations, so later the modelerscript knows what to load. Please check the data folder (in the same folder where your scene2modeler script is) if there is a file called "info.txt". If not, Is this folder maybe writeprotected or not existing?

JBT27
08-18-2011, 11:17 AM
I am using 1.3.1. The data folder wasn't in the Scene2Modeler folder anyway, nor does it seem to get as far as creating info.txt. Permissions seem OK on that folder.

I have it set the same way I did for my LW10.0, with the Scene2Modeler folder in the 64bit Newtek install, and the 32bit Modeler loading the appropriate script from there.

There's nothing in the docs about a data folder, so should it have created one automatically? Even so, I just did, but it made no difference.

Julian.

JBT27
08-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Ah! I have it working ... I moved the Scene2Modeler folder to the .Newtek folder in Users.

I also had to put my custom configs in there as they wouldn't read from the actual NewTek programs folders ... obviously .Newtek is the place to be ...

Julian.

Svenart
08-18-2011, 11:25 AM
the layout script is automatically creating the data folder if there is no one existing. I just tested it here and it works fine. Creating the folder will happen BEFORE the scriptmenue shows up.

edit: good to hear its working now.

JBT27
08-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your help!

Julian.

dnch
08-19-2011, 09:52 AM
where can i find this plugin / original thread?

3dWannabe
08-19-2011, 09:55 AM
where can i find this plugin / original thread?
http://www.svenart.de/lscripts.htm