PDA

View Full Version : flight animation clip

renderwerx
08-17-2011, 03:49 AM
hello guys

I finished the animation.
Fixes include a better solution for the afterburner and its lensflares
better motion-blur and smoother spline animation path.

hope you enjoy

Dominik
(renderwerx)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WROht8_rhz0

renderwerx
08-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Oliver

Thanks for your constructive critique.
I will do my best fixing the problem with the camera motion.

Tell me, with free locked camera...
you mean no target camera?
I did it this way:

null object to path, childed the aircraft and set the camera target to the aircraft.

Thanks
Dominik
(renderwerx)

renderwerx
08-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Oliver

Thank You so much for your input.
You made me look at the essential things of aircraft animation from a differnt view now.
These reference videos are absolutely stunningly made.
I can learn from that.

You are a great help.
Thank you again.

Dominik
(renderwerx)

shrox
08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
For better camera control, I parent a null object to the item I want to follow, then target the camera to that null. Then you can move the null object to simulate a camera man trying to keep the item in frame without wild jerky movements.

renderwerx
08-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Hello Shrox

Thanks.
OK, let me try....
So that would mean I then could make a second animation path with that Null the camera is targeting and that null attached to the second animation path and make the path with camera shake or whatever?

I say second animation path to make that animation of the camera not that frantic....

(see pic below)

Thanks in advance

Dominik
(renderwerx)

Ryan Roye
08-18-2011, 11:00 AM
For better camera control, I parent a null object to the item I want to follow, then target the camera to that null. Then you can move the null object to simulate a camera man trying to keep the item in frame without wild jerky movements.

To add to this post, you might also find it handy that you can control the camera's proximity to the null by modifying its size. This way, you can control panning AND zooming from a single object!

NOTE: The camera graphic in the viewport will start to look goofy if you do this, but the camera's visuals will be unaffected.

shrox
08-18-2011, 03:20 PM
To add to this post, you might also find it handy that you can control the camera's proximity to the null by modifying its size. This way, you can control panning AND zooming from a single object!

NOTE: The camera graphic in the viewport will start to look goofy if you do this, but the camera's visuals will be unaffected.

What I describe has the camera only targeted to the null, not parented, so changing the size of the null has no effect.