PDA

View Full Version : Turning off AA?

DeanoC
08-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi,

LW10 ( yes I should upgrade to 10.1 but busy :P ) and I need to switch off AA on the render...

I'm rendering out map tiles for a 2D game, which are perfectly sized and rendered but the renderer is blending them with the background (each tile is rendering out separately) which means lines in the game when I put the tiles together.

I can scale a bit to overlap the tiles by a pixel but that just seems nasty.

Any way of turning the AA off or making the alpha channel binary or some other trick?

Thanks,
Deano

Rabbitpenny
08-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Wouldn't you be referring to a render done with "unpremultiply alpha"? The choice is under the output tab in Render Globals.

kopperdrake
08-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Make sure you use a 32bit file format which will save the alpha out with it - 32bit PNG files work nicely.

dwburman
08-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Image Processing>Add Image Filter>Spriteedger

might be what you're looking for.

Mr Rid
08-16-2011, 11:02 PM
AA should be off when using Perspective camera with Classic reconstruction, and no Adaptive Sampling, oversample or Soft Filter. Usually you want to render with a black matte background.

If there are BG objects or colors tracing, sometimes it is easier to simply drop a black card just behind your FG object and set it's properties to Matte and to not affect tracing.

DeanoC
08-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the help :)
unpremultiple alpha and sprite edger are both new to me and very useful!