PDA

View Full Version : Quick Wind Animation Path questions

raw-m
08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Just a couple of quick ones!

I'm using a few handles to control an animation path. I accidentally hit "Calculate" when I didn't need to and now I have to calculate everytime I make a change. Can I unload this calculation somewhere and go back to working dynamically?

The wind paths around each handle has a noticeable stepped angle about it. Is there a way to smooth them out a bit, make the path a bit rounder?

erikals
08-15-2011, 02:26 PM
as far as i know...

1- no (the animation is probably tweaked too much, which means the only way is to reset everything)
2- no (you can try changing the scene fps, but i doubt it will do anything...)

sorry... :/

Dodgy
08-15-2011, 10:58 PM
1> Try opening the calculated particle emitter, and going to File tab. If it's active, click Clear, or try Update otherwise.

I haven't seen any stepping, do you have an example you can send through?

raw-m
08-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Thanks all. The only way I could unload the calculation was to quite and restart LW, bit of a pain!

Heres an example of the path. I was hoping that I could make it more circular and smoother at the handles without adding loads of handles (some sort of TCB control?).

I've been experimenting with animatable extrudes, FX Linking my object to a particle driven by wind and using Inertia to get the extrude. Works quite well. I can't get the object to follow the rotation of the particle though, even with "copy from emitter" selected in the FX Linker on the object. Any ideas there?

Dodgy
08-16-2011, 01:58 AM
You could try Shift_Spline transform, available from my website. There's a video of it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aozfc57R4WA

raw-m
08-16-2011, 02:16 AM
Thanks Dodgy, hadn't seen that one! Unfortunately it's another look and don't touch as I'm on a Mac. Going to try the morph/bone trick next :)