PDA

View Full Version : Where has Fibre FX gone in 10.1?

AbstractTech3D
08-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Hello

I have a question that makes me feel stupid:

In 9.6 I could access FibreFX through: Image Processing / Add Pixel Filter / Fibre Filter.

In 10.1, on both my Mac and PC installations its no longer there (and neither are a number of other pixel filters from 9.6).

At first I thought my OSX 10.1 install must have gone astray - until I saw that my Windows install was the same.

Where do you find it in 10.1?

Thanks

Cheers!

Bill Carey
08-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Look under the Windows menu in LW.

Greenlaw
08-14-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm using Windows but it should be in the same place for the Mac version. If you're using Studio Production Style menus, look under Image Processing (ctrl f8 or under Scene:Image Process) and under Processing:Add Pixel Filter select FiberFilter. This adds FiberFX. Double-click the item.

If you don't see FiberFilter listed, you may need to select one of the standard menus or you may need to add the plug-in.

Chances are, if you are using the 10.0 configs you will have problems using the plug-in because LW 10 configs are not compatible with LW 10.1, especially with FiberFX but for other features as well. You will want to be certain to start with clean configs as recommended in the installation instructions.

If you start with clean configs and choose Studio Production Style menus, you should see the FiberFilter plug-in as described. If you still don't see them, try scanning the plug-ins directory and then choose Studio Production Style.

Hope this info is helpful.

G.

Greenlaw
08-14-2011, 09:49 PM
I haven't fully tested this but here's an interesting trick to explore: Add the FiberFX plug-in to a menu button in Layout and click it. This will open Modeler's FiberFX Strand Modeler...in Layout!

I'm not sure how well this works in Layout but I was surprised that this works at all.

If anybody wants to take this further, please post what you learn. :)

G.

Greenlaw
08-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Another tip: There are actually two plug-ins called FiberFX available in Layout, one for the Modeler tool and the other for the familiar Fiber Filter tool. Add both to your User Tab (or wherever) and rename each one FFX Model and FFX Filter respectively.

Now, when you click on FFX Model, you will open the FFX Strand Modeler tool (untested in Layout,) and if you click on FFX Filter, you will open the traditional Fiber FX (Fiber Filter) panel for Layout.

In any case, placing at least the Fiber Filter plugin in a Menu button or key command is a good timesaver for quickly accessing the FiberFX (Fiber Filter) window.

G.

AbstractTech3D
08-15-2011, 02:03 AM
Ok, it seems I had to manually add the plugin, thanks!