PDA

View Full Version : subdo...

lazyanimator
08-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Hello All,

After several years sitting on a shelf I installed subdo 1.6 to play with. Apparently though it crashes lightwave scenes and I need an update to 1.62. Unfortunatly it seems subdo as a website dont exist anymore. Has anyone got a link or an update I could have a copy of?

ps, did pims ever get off the ground in the end?

and has anybody used quest 3d?

i am basically looking at some realtime walk through solutions...

thanks,

LA.

lazyanimator
08-15-2011, 05:39 AM
no? ok it was a long long shot...

alexos
08-15-2011, 06:22 AM
Hello All,

After several years sitting on a shelf I installed subdo 1.6 to play with. ...
ps, did pims ever get off the ground in the end?

and has anybody used quest 3d?

Hi! Subdo was promising but never quite worked; PIM, heh... bit of a sore spot for some, that. But no, it never materialised either. Quest3D I hear is rather good, but it costs a bloody fortune and seems a tad on the you-have-to-fiddle-with-code side of things.

Acrobat's 3D support on the other hand, is now fairly decent. Have you tried that?

ADP.

Danner
08-15-2011, 08:25 AM
For real time walkthrough you could use the free versions of Unity 3d or Unreal engine. I use Unity at work and it's really easy to set up a walkthrough.

The free version of Unity doesn't support realtime shadows, post effects or realistic water. I don't know if Unreal has any limitations like that but I have heard good things about it.

dballesg
08-15-2011, 08:31 AM
What about http://www.openspace3d.com/???

David

lazyanimator
08-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks all, sorry for late response!

Yeah, subdo is inconsistent and thats being polite. Im pretty sure it fundamentally doesnt quite work, which is a shame as with a little bit more development it might have been very useful plus all the help docs are in french and I'm not!

Pim, never really quite understood exactly what this was going to be, just heard a lot of bits...was it a real time 3d engine of sorts alexos?
Didnt realise acrobat still supported 3d, thought they dropped it! I will have another look. Thanks.

Downloaded quest3d demo, looks very complex, not sure ive got the heart to tackle it frankly and "bloody expensive" sounds all kinds of bad.

Im going to check out unity and unreal3d, thanks a lot Danner!

...and openspace3d, thanks to you dballesg

As ever, newtek forum friends helped me out. Thanks!

LA.