PDA

View Full Version : LW 9.5 Beta request

universalpenman
08-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Does anybody here have, the 9.5 beta, cuz what I'm really looking for is a UV plugin which performs an edge selection, growing,shrink selection, or loop selection and so on, well If anybody have just the plug-in itself. I'll be really thankful if you passed on here in the thread

Thanks!

nickdigital
08-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Why not use the regular selection tools in Modeler? And why the 9.5 beta?

universalpenman
08-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Why not use the regular selection tools in Modeler? And why the 9.5 beta?

Well First Because We don't have in Modeller 10.1 those features and they where part of 9.5 Beta, + May be worth to give them a try on 10.1 :), that's all

Greenlaw
08-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Lightwave 9.5 should still be available on your downloads page. I still see it in mine anyway.

Edit: Oh wait, you're looking for the beta aren't you. Sorry, I misunderstood. Not sure where you can get that.

nickdigital
08-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Well First Because We don't have in Modeller 10.1 those features and they where part of 9.5 Beta, + May be worth to give them a try on 10.1 :), that's all

What's the name of the tool you're looking for? I find it odd that a tool that was in the 9.5 beta wasn't carried over to 10.1. If you were using the 9.5 beta you have access to 9.6 then right? Is it in 9.6 or 9.6.1?

What does the tool do? To me it sounds like you're looking for loop selection tools. Just off the top of my head, Bandsaw Pro does that. You can select a poly loop and then convert that selection to points or edges. There should be a normal Loop Select tool in Modeler.

Phil
08-15-2011, 02:59 AM
I suspect this might well fall under OB NDA from the 9.x period. During 'beta' features are often added and, occasionally, may also be withdrawn for various reasons.

Since NT closed the 9.x OB boards following the 9.6.1 release, though, I'm not sure how the discussion in such situations could progress.