PDA

View Full Version : parenting lights and objects together in layout

borbafett
08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I need :help:

i have an LWS which contains 5 objects and about 15 lights. i've imported a PFTrack'd camera into my scene and since i cannot figure out how to move that camera properly, i need to move the 3d modeled restaurant and lights, to cater to the camera position. i cannot figure out how to parent the lights and objects together, so that when i rotate or move things around, it all stays uniform. any suggestions?

Lewis
08-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Add Null object to scene and then parent all to null and move null where you want and all what's parented will follow accordingly.

borbafett
08-11-2011, 02:42 PM
do i do that in the scene editor? i'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to this. i created a null, and now need to know how to parent everything to it. please.

nickdigital
08-11-2011, 02:44 PM
You can either do it in the Scene Editor or bring up the Motion Options panel (hit the m key). You might want to check to see if you have Parent In Place on first.

borbafett
08-11-2011, 02:53 PM
THANK YOU gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!! got it going!!!

VictoryX
08-12-2011, 12:06 AM
or better yet, parent the camera to the null, so the camera keeps it's same motion path but you can place it correctly within your scene.

biliousfrog
08-12-2011, 04:37 AM
...or...if you change the window layout and make one of the windows schematic view, you can parent simply by CTRL dragging from one object to another. To unparent, drag to an empty part of the schematic area