PDA

View Full Version : FPrime--Remove from scene

greg.reyna
08-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Anyone know if I'm doing this right? I'm trying to remove all traces of FPrime from a scene in LW 9.6. I was mistakenly running FPrime on my 8-core Mac Pro (2010), not realizing that Worley's site says:

"FPrime UB currently supports only 2 cores on Mac UB. "

Now I'm in a fix. The scene won't open. Maestro2 loads fine but before the objects are drawn into the viewports, Layout hangs forever.

I deleted all of the FPrime-related plugins, and removed the section of the scene file that begins with:

"Plugin MasterHandler 5 Fprime"

and ends with:

"EndPlugin"

But the scene still won't open. Mysteriously, at first I was able to load the scene after running DiskWarrior, but now that won't work again. Somehow I managed to open the scene into Layout, delete FPrime from Master Plugins and then like an idiot, not save it before quitting.

Does anyone know if there's another trace of FPrime in the scene file other than the one I got? A search for FPrime doesn't bring up anything else. G2 is a loaded plugin, but it wasn't used in this scene. That shouldn't make any difference, but at this point I'm chasing at ghosts...

Thanks for any advice,
Greg

Celshader
08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Anyone know if I'm doing this right? I'm trying to remove all traces of FPrime from a scene in LW 9.6. I was mistakenly running FPrime on my 8-core Mac Pro (2010), not realizing that Worley's site says:

"FPrime UB currently supports only 2 cores on Mac UB. "

Now I'm in a fix. The scene won't open. Maestro2 loads fine but before the objects are drawn into the viewports, Layout hangs forever.

I deleted all of the FPrime-related plugins, and removed the section of the scene file that begins with:

"Plugin MasterHandler 5 Fprime"

and ends with:

"EndPlugin"

But the scene still won't open. Mysteriously, at first I was able to load the scene after running DiskWarrior, but now that won't work again. Somehow I managed to open the scene into Layout, delete FPrime from Master Plugins and then like an idiot, not save it before quitting.

Does anyone know if there's another trace of FPrime in the scene file other than the one I got? A search for FPrime doesn't bring up anything else. G2 is a loaded plugin, but it wasn't used in this scene. That shouldn't make any difference, but at this point I'm chasing at ghosts...

Thanks for any advice,
Greg

Could you use Load from Scene to get the data from this scene file into a freshly launched instance of Layout?

Markc
08-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Surely if your not actually using Fprime to Render/Preview, it will make no difference if the plugin is present in the specific scene.
You can still use LightWave's Renderer to utilise all Cores.
It sounds like you have 'messed up' the scene file by trying to remove Fprime components in a text file (and maybe deleted something you shouldn't have).
If you can remember what you removed, I would put back the text.
The Scene should then open and you can remove Fprime from within LightWave (but to be honest I would just leave it be) and Render using LightWave's Renderer. :)
Alternatively do as Celshader suggests.

greg.reyna
08-14-2011, 10:27 PM
I tried 'Load From Scene' in 9.6.1 but it didn't work--same result. And it looks like the lights and camera were imported all over the place, I didn't hang around to look.
---
Removing the FPrime section of the scene file was done on a copy, I wouldn't try that on the only scene file!
---
The good news is that after describing the trouble under another topic here on the forum a light finally went on in my head. I deleted and re-installed 9.6 with fresh everything, getting rid of all the prefs files and so on. That almost brought the scene back to normal. Only one small glitch in the display of a jpeg in Maestro's 'picker'.

That was 9.6, in 9.6.1 the problem continues with that scene. All I want to do is finish off the scene, 95% of the work is already done. I can do that in 32-bit 9.6 and live to fight another day.

Thanks,
Greg