PDA

View Full Version : Codec Pack Used with AMC 5

AlanP_in_DC
08-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Here, we have three different editing platforms because we have three different camps that want to do it their way :cry:. Anyway, I need to move video files across a network from our Tricaster to an Avid Media Composer 5.0 editor, which doesn't seem to like the flavor of the MPEG video files output by TC.

We have downloaded the latest Newtek codec pack with an assurance that this will help the Avid computer read and work with the MPEG files that are output by TC. Now that we have the pack, we don't know where to put it in the Avid machine nor how to lay a path to it so it does any good.

I've asked the same of folks in the Avid forum, but answers are hard to come by. If anyone else here is using the most recent codec pack and Media Composer, tell me what comes next after "download this file". Thanks very much.

SBowie
08-11-2011, 02:17 PM
We have downloaded the latest Newtek codec pack with an assurance that this will help the Avid computer read and work with the MPEG files that are output by TC.I don't actually think that's true, sorry. The NewTek codec pack installs codecs for the SpeedHQ file formats, which are our own AVI type.

AlanP_in_DC
08-12-2011, 08:23 AM
I don't actually think that's true, sorry. The NewTek codec pack installs codecs for the SpeedHQ file formats, which are our own AVI type.

??? Izzat a fact... Word I had from a local user was to download the codec pack and it would "work better with all Tricaster files."

Well, now that I have this pack Steve, how would I find how it would help me -- not necessarily in using Media Composer, but just in general? Can you point me to a ReadMe or other documentation related to the codec pack?

Thanks very much.

-AP

SBowie
08-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Can you point me to a ReadMe or other documentation related to the codec pack?I really don't know if installing would let your Avid software read/write to SpeedHQ AVIs or not. If it did, that might be useful for clips you were preparing for later playback in a TriCaster DDR. And of course clips exported from Tricaster as SpeedHQ clips would benefit. Also, the 32bit SpeedHQ format would be useful for anything you wanted to create with suitable software for use in DSK/Overlay channels. There might be a readme in the installer, but if there is I've never seen it, sorry.