PDA

View Full Version : Dynamics Query

daz1761
08-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I am quite new to dynamics and have done a few basic tutorials and everything seems ok, after lots of tweeking

I have done one today that i found on you tube with 4 balls swilling around like a roulette table, well more like a bird table lol

I found the first ball closest to the hole in the center went straight in then the other 3 were jigging a flickering about right on the edge of the rim so i had to abort the calculations

I then widened the geometry of the hole in the center where they are supposed to fall through and then I put the "Resistance" to 2.0 and changed the Z axis Force to 4m instead of 20m and over 82 frames all the balls went in quicker.

Then I changed the geometry of the hole in the center back to a smaller size to suit the 4 balls and recalculated and they all went in as planned

As i am new to dynamics I was wondering if it was just the Resistance that sorted it or the resistance and geometry change mentioned earlier and I was also wondering what Resistance actually meant?

I have the Latest LW10 book and the author explains what most of the settings are for the collision side but not many of the HardFX side

I have attached both the modeler and layout docs just to see if I have done things correct

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Celshader
08-10-2011, 06:45 PM
As i am new to dynamics I was wondering if it was just the Resistance that sorted it or the resistance and geometry change mentioned earlier and I was also wondering what Resistance actually meant?

Resistance means air resistance. Higher values oppose the pieces' movement through world-coordinate space and make them more easily pushed around by Wind effectors.

FWIW, the best and most thorough docs I ever found for HardFX are the the ones for "FX_Break" -- the original name for HardFX. Its Reference section explained tiny details omitted from the regular HardFX docs, like StopByStabilizer. It also included tutorials. An archived version exists here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090627114257/http://www.dstorm.co.jp/FXBREAK/e/

daz1761
08-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Resistance means air resistance. Higher values oppose the pieces' movement through world-coordinate space and make them more easily pushed around by Wind effectors.

FWIW, the best and most thorough docs I ever found for HardFX are the the ones for "FX_Break" -- the original name for HardFX. Its Reference section explained tiny details omitted from the regular HardFX docs, like StopByStabilizer. It also included tutorials. An archived version exists here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090627114257/http://www.dstorm.co.jp/FXBREAK/e/

Thanks for that, I'm not entirly sure where to go on that website as there seems to be lots of dead links and missing images...

P.s I accidentally uploaded the wrong modeler file so i have amended it on this post97304

Celshader
08-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks for that, I'm not entirly sure where to go on that website as there seems to be lots of dead links and missing images...

Sorry about that. :o The original documentation is long-gone from the DStorme website, but the text alone still offers good tips.

In the upper-left corner of the archived docs, click on the name of the tab that contains the setting you want to learn more about.

daz1761
08-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Sorry about that. :o The original documentation is long-gone from the DStorme website, but the text alone still offers good tips.

In the upper-left corner of the archived docs, click on the name of the tab that contains the setting you want to learn more about.

No worries mate :)

Yes, I know what you mean now, if you go to right at the bottom of the page there is a Reference Link

Well that's certainly has answered one of my queries as resistance seems to mean how high the objects fly up in the air and the Advanced Option uses the objects XYZ to create movements like a falling leaf

Thanks again ;)

Shame about the pictures that are missing as there seems to be a few good tutorials on there :)