PDA

View Full Version : ProcAmp strangeness (Bug)

djlithium
10-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Hi there.

I had the need to fire up the procamp today and it would not come up on the Toaster Desktop. It does however appear as a module on the toastertask bar. When you click on it, it seems to make the program out jump down several lines of video like its an offset.

I have reinstalled Vt3 with the recent patch. So far I have been unable to get it to come up properly with the controls visable on the desktop.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Everything else seems to be okay.

Paul Lara
10-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Not sure what'd cause that, but you can probably just run "oops I messed my config" in the root VT folder to clear that up.

djlithium
10-10-2003, 07:27 PM
I will give that a try. Seeing that I did a full removal and install over again (when I was trying to get my effects folder back after the first patch upgrade) I would have figured it would have come back as well.

Thanks. Keep you posted.

Scott Bates
10-10-2003, 10:58 PM
It wouldn't be shyly hiding behind something else on the desktop would it? Did you try right-clicking on the tab and select Always on Top?

djlithium
10-11-2003, 08:46 AM
No, I tried opening it first on the desk top and it doesn't show up. I even cleared my settings out of the stores for desktops, switched between them and dragged the procamp module onto the desk top to make it visible on every other desktop and no go. It's just plain gone.

I am going to reload the software again and see if I can duplicated it. But it just does not seem to want to play nice.

The video card I am running is a dual head (but only using the standard SVGA out as I have a nice 22" LG 225LM LCD) nVidea Gforce 4 128mb ram card from ABit and it's worked just fine in the past.

It seems that maybe the toaster script for it is damaged possibly. I am hoping that reload will correct it. Tried before but it just doesn't come back.

I was hoping to record some tutorials and continue off where I left things with my first Windows Media Encoder and Streaming article which was in Keyframe recently and release them online for instant down load. I was going to feed the toaster with a live source from a DVD player and put that through the encoder but I wanted to do some color correction on the front end of it first. Hmmm......

I will get it fixed. It can't be that crazy.