PDA

View Full Version : NewTek at SIGGRAPH 2011

Chuck
08-09-2011, 04:47 PM
First and foremost, Rob Powers and the NewTek Marketing Team have been in Vancouver for many days now, and making very productive use of the time with a busy schedule of meetings with press and users.

Rob presented today at the nVidia booth on his work on the Virtual Art Department on Avatar. A video of the presentation will be put online later.

NewTek is also one of the main sponsors of the Jon Peddie Press Luncheon on Wednesday at 11:30 which will focus on Virtual Production. Rob will also be speaking on the panel and discussing the Virtual Art Department at that event.

Vancouver is great and the NewTek staff schedule is jam-packed with meetings. And looking forward, for SIGGRAPH 2012 in Los Angeles, NewTek has already locked in a great booth at the front of the hall. We'll be back to mounting a spectacular booth and a full press and user meeting schedule as well.

NewTek is also planning a special event in Los Angeles this coming November. We have some very exciting things to share at that event and we can’t wait to share them with you.

We'll be posting additional updates throughout the show.

nickdigital
08-09-2011, 04:49 PM
And looking forward, for SIGGRAPH 2012 in Los Angeles, NewTek has already locked in a great booth at the front of the hall.

Wow, that should be exciting for next year!

COBRASoft
08-09-2011, 06:06 PM
So, this can only mean that LW X+1 is heavily developped as we speak. This means they already have some results which are spectacular.

Looking forward to hear (and see) more of this. Thx for this very informative update Chuck.

DColboch
08-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi all,

Checking in from Vancouver. We've had a busy day with press meetings and presentations.

Just wanted you all to see the video we put together from the show. Check it out here (http://tv.newtek.com/player.php?recordID=173).

We're capturing more throughout the week that will be available to view when we get back.

Pictures and updates are ongoing on the NewTek LightWave Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/LightWave-3D/16090743805) page.

Gotta run... we're off to dinner with the editors of CGW and Post.

Donetta

Cageman
08-09-2011, 11:52 PM
And looking forward, for SIGGRAPH 2012 in Los Angeles, NewTek has already locked in a great booth at the front of the hall. We'll be back to mounting a spectacular booth and a full press and user meeting schedule as well.

NewTek is also planning a special event in Los Angeles this coming November. We have some very exciting things to share at that event and we canít wait to share them with you.

Sounds great!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Chuck
08-10-2011, 10:32 AM
The off-topic and speculative posts have been moved to their own thread. This thread is for NewTek news from SIGGRAPH, and comments specifically on that news.

Cageman
08-11-2011, 02:38 AM
About the event in November... will it have live streaming? I really hope that it will, since it would help "connect" people across the pound. It certanly would be a good boost in bringing the community together around something positive.

:)

gclayton
08-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Just took a quick look at the NewTek Facebook page for Siggraph 2011 and came across a few of the comments being made like this one:

Rob Powers and Editor-in-Chief of Post Magazine Randi Altman connect about LightWave and the exciting LightWave event planned for November...she knows all about it and is all smiles!

So my question is if NewTek is already letting others know about the special November LW event, then why can't the LW users who have been waiting for over two years to get some information get the same info!

This is just one more thing that adds salt to the LW CORE wound!

Come on NewTek! Share the info!

dblincoe
08-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Just took a quick look at the NewTek Facebook page for Siggraph 2011 and came across a few of the comments being made like this one:

So my question is if NewTek is already letting others know about the special November LW event, then why can't the LW users who have been waiting for over two years to get some information get the same info!

This is just one more thing that adds salt to the LW CORE wound!

Come on NewTek! Share the info!
It's called captive audience. :hey:

littlewaves
08-11-2011, 02:18 PM
so we're starting the hype then?

Maybe Newtek should have some sort of online countdown leading up to the event!

How could that possibly end in bitter disappointment?

Let's hope they at least have the t-shirts ready this time around

50one
08-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Lots of good stuff then in coming months! Good to hear!Can't wait:thumbsup:

gclayton
08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
It's called captive audience. :hey:

You don't want to know what I call it!

dblincoe
08-11-2011, 04:28 PM
About the event in November... will it have live streaming? I really hope that it will, since it would help "connect" people across the pound. It certanly would be a good boost in bringing the community together around something positive.

:)

:thumbsup: +1

Nicolas Jordan
08-11-2011, 04:46 PM
The LA event sounds exciting and all but there is no way the vast majority of Lightwave customers would be able to make it for reasons that are to many to list. For this reason I hope there is a live stream or a video put up after the event like others here have already suggested for the other 97% of the Lightwave user base who won't be there.

mikala
08-14-2011, 11:49 AM
I won't be going to LA.
Why spend the cash? Or more to the point I'll be prioritizing where I spend my funds.

cresshead
08-14-2011, 12:49 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5099/5427255685_c53f247496.jpg