PDA

View Full Version : LW 10.1 Layout Windows 'Always on Top'

Greenlaw
08-08-2011, 11:47 AM
This weekend I noticed that my Lightwave 10.1 Layout windows want to be 'Always on Top'. In other words, all other application windows, including open windows folders directories, are always positioned behind the Layout window and panels even when they are the currently active window. At first I thought this was isolated to my personal computer at home but this morning I found that this is happening on my computer at work too.

Is anybody else seeing this? Is there anything I can do to make it not do that?

G.

Twisted_Pixel
08-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Seems to be fine here. Tested with folders, task manager and firefox. Whichever is selected as active, sits on top.

Greenlaw
08-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks for responding! Knowing that this does work correctly on your computer gives me some clues anyway. I didn't notice the problem before but now I think I can assume this is a recent development and it might be caused by something I just installed at home and at work.

Hmm...I have an idiea what it might be. Will post again if I can confirm it.

G.

Greenlaw
08-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Okay, all is good now; simply rebooting fixed the problem.

I'm not 100% sure of the cause but I think the culprit might be a free program called Screen Marker I started using at work and at home. It's a neat drawing tool that allows you to mark up your screen with a digital marker. It has a few limitations (like it only works with your primary monitor,) but otherwise it's been very useful. Of course, if it's cause this problem, I'm not so sure anymore.

I'll write again after I know for certain.

NinoK
08-09-2011, 12:45 PM
I had the same issue the other day, but atm I am typing this right over the layout window. Comes and goes it seems.

Greenlaw
08-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks for letting me know.

It's weird...I cannot reproduce this now. Must be a random bug.

kopperdrake
08-11-2011, 02:58 AM
I've had it in Windows 7 - I have the task bar auto-hide on the left, but ocassionally Layout will remain on top and prevent me from unhiding the task bar by moving over it, as it 'hides' the visible pixels of the hidden task bar. Might be a Windows thing?