PDA

View Full Version : Breaking things up for Hard FX?

adaminator1
08-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Okay, so say I've got this window. I want to have it be able to break into parts with Hard FX for a character crashing through it. Now, I know of a very tiresome way of doing this; manually. Now, here's my question; are there any good scripts for LW10 that automatically break an object for use with Dynamics? I know this sounds a bit lazy, but breaking something in Modeler is very, very tedious work. D'you guys have anything that could help me out?

Thanks in advance,
The Adaminator

erikals
08-06-2011, 07:15 AM
use search function, you will get some posts on it, like MG Breakup i believe...

adaminator1
08-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Something that works please? I've already tried MG Breakup and I've been getting a hell of a lot of problems with it lately... *Shrug*

prometheus
08-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Something that works please? I've already tried MG Breakup and I've been getting a hell of a lot of problems with it lately... *Shrug*

first of all..for it to work for you, are you on mac, windows?
and what lightwave version do you have acess to?

best option is in my mind..Use windows, use lightwave 9.6 32 bit and use the crackit plugin...You should have no problem what so ever with that.
I also think the crackit plugin gives better shard cracks than mg breakup.

crackit seems to not be working fully with lw 10..but I have still to test it on latest 10.1 builds.

for flat planar things..well, manually shouldn´t be that hard, you can sketch out splines save as cookie cutters and stencil cut out, and extrude the window after the breaks.

As mentioned countless times before, this lack of tool is really a out of the box failure from newtek´s team not to have it in the core of lightwave, rather than having plugins discontinued or not working properly with updates.

The crackit plugin..
http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=5754803d

If your on mac..tuff luck, you should have done your homework before buying computer equipment, nothing wrong with macs ..if the plugin 3d market would have been different, but it isn´t still as of today.
get a mac sure..but make sure to get a pc backup system.

Easy split is often promoted by sensei, and that might be helpful for flat objects, but I don´t know..to me It seems that you very well can do similar splits with native sketch,spline and stencil tools.

Michael

OnlineRender
08-06-2011, 10:00 AM
mgbreakup¬FTW

what kinda problems ? ie random geometry being created ? ... you can either distribute these onto separate layers or old skool select points and delete