PDA

View Full Version : Latest Nvidia drivers creating problems.

Rob222
10-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Is anyone else noticing that the latest Nvidia drivers are creating problems?

The strangest problem is in Dual monitor mode (Horizontal span) the second monitor has an area in the bottom right that if you move any objects over to it they lock up and will leave a trail. We moved a VT vision window over to it and the video playing froze and if you moved another object or window over it the object or window left a trail.

I am also finding that in single monitor mode the video locks up occasionally. You can usually get the lockups to happen if you have both Aura and Toaster CG open together for a certain period of time. After which you will get a VT[3].exe error and VT[3] will shut down.

Paul Lara
10-10-2003, 08:32 AM
There's been another post along these lines, yes.
I'd suggest you go back a version.

Tom Wood
10-10-2003, 08:46 AM
I just installed 45.23 two days ago, and it seems to work fine. Before, the Graph Editor would crash a dual monitor setup. There's a driver listed specifically for Lightwave that is also specific to certain cards, but 45.23 is the generic.

TW

Rob222
10-10-2003, 08:53 AM
45.23 is the version that is messing up.

Jim_C
10-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Yes, i have had problems with 45.23 that rolling back to previous solved. I have heard the same from one other person.

jennifertigges
10-10-2003, 12:30 PM
I went back two versions which solved all problems. The worst problem I had with the latest version and spanned dual monitor setup was, when the toaster card kicked in and would start to show up on the NTSC out the system would reboot. : (