PDA

View Full Version : RHiggit Lite question...does it work with motion mixer?

Simon-S
08-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm sure there are a lot of you out there that have purchased rebel hills truly awesome 'rhiggit' auto character rigger.

I was wondering if any you guys know if rhiggit works with motion mixer, and if so, what I need to 'add as actor' to get the thing to work.

Any help on this is greatly appeciated.

Thanks,

Simon

RebelHill
08-05-2011, 08:45 AM
You can use it on the basic version of the rigs only really. Switch to bounding box, and middle drag select all the control null items of the rig, and create the actor from that set.

Simon-S
08-25-2011, 05:49 AM
Hi there,

I have another Rhiggit lite problem that I'm sure there will be an easy fix.

I am struggling with the FK/IK switching, where as when I make the switch between FK and IK the characters limbs are moving into undesired positions/rotations.

Having watched your supporting videos, I took away that I should be keying the IK controls on the same frame I do the IK switch. However that doesn't appear to be working for me. I think I must be doing something wrong.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

RebelHill
08-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Well first off make sure youve seen the using the rig and animating with vids... http://www.youtube.com/user/RHLW lots of info in those.

Otherwise, i would suspect that you're just missing a lil trick somewhere.

First off... pose the limb in FK... key the IKgoal null, and throw the switch, the end of the limb (goal end) should be fine, but the limb probably twists on bank to some odd rotation.

Assuming thats so, here's why... if you repose again, in FK, key the IKgoal, and now, keep an eye on the twist control (character space) at the shoulder/hip... Now just nudge the time slider back n forth... you'll see the twist control jump in rotation. This is because the twist null cant reference the IK goal movement when in FK mode... and when you key the IKgoal, it still doesnt recognise this key until you refresh the viewport/scene (which can be done with any number of actions, but the quickest and most accessible is to nudge the time slider).

So now... having keyed the IKgoal in its spot... and having refreshed the auto behavior of the twist control, you can now key also the twist control, and when you now throw the IK switch, everything should stay locked in the limb, giving you the seamless switch.

FK>IK... pose in FK, Key goal, refresh, key twist, switch.
IK>FK... pose in IK, key FK chain items, switch.

Also possible, you're not keying the switch slider correctly... you throw the slider and key the controls on the same frame, ofc... but also dont forget to go to the previous frame and key the slider back at its previous setting, otherwise you're frames in between become an IKFK blend between the 2 spaced apart keys on the IKFK slider.

Simon-S
08-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Awesome! That worked a treat. Thanks.