PDA

View Full Version : New 820 installed, ready to learn

DStoneburner
08-05-2011, 07:47 AM
I just installed an 820 in our control room yesterday. I don't have experience with the 300, so it's a cold start and learning process for me. My main question at this time is the isorecord technology. My impression was that I could select an input to record, but I could also select the codec to record that input. I think now that I can do an isorecord but will have to export it out in a different codec after. Unless I'm missing something. I'm sure other questions will follow, but for now it looks pretty straight forward.

Thanks

SBowie
08-05-2011, 08:46 AM
You do mean an 820, not an 850 EXTREME, right? The 820 is an instant replay system, and doesn't have the same recording format options as TriCaster 850 EXTREME. As you noted, however, you do have export alternatives.

DStoneburner
08-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Sorry for the late reply, I've been building a control room. Yes, we have the 820 and a 850, but not the extreme. Since both systems said isorecorder technology, it wasn't really clear that it didn't have the same as the extreme. I'm not unhappy with the product, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything during the set-up.

SBowie
08-15-2011, 01:47 PM
OK, sorry about the confusion - and congratulations!