PDA

View Full Version : How to save objects and textures...?

dianmozokov
08-04-2011, 01:23 PM
:help:Hello,

Have problem with understanding how to save proper the objects and textures maps.I want when my objects open from another computer not mine to load proper with textures without any error for missing textures.My directory structure as folow:

LWO
/images
/scenes
/objects

nickdigital
08-04-2011, 01:28 PM
In your example LWO is the Content Directory. As long as you're saving your lwo files in the Object folder and image maps in the Images folder you should be fine.

dianmozokov
08-04-2011, 02:34 PM
In your example LWO is the Content Directory. As long as you're saving your lwo files in the Object folder and image maps in the Images folder you should be fine.

Thank you sir!:thumbsup:

Dreamcube017
08-05-2011, 10:30 AM
So does this mean for each project you should make folders like this?

Project01:
\objects
\images
\scenes

Project02
\objects
\images
\scenes

(other folders would be added if other stuff was there like renders and references and bacon caluclations and... well you get the idea.

Is this correct? Seems a lot more organized.

nickdigital
08-05-2011, 11:25 AM
So does this mean for each project you should make folders like this?

Project01:
\objects
\images
\scenes

Yes, the Content Directory should be your project as a whole. Not an individual file. The first poster's name of LWO for the Content Directory is probably misleading since LWO is also a model object. But I'm assuming LWO is just the name of the project.

At home I have my personal CD and then for each freelance job I make a new CD so I can easily bundle up the assets for archiving and delivery.