PDA

View Full Version : Custom real lens camera

wyattharris
08-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Hi folks, I'm trying to recreate an accident scene as legal evidence in a law suit. I've got just about everything sussed but I'm trying to match the camera used on site. I have all of the photo's metadata giving me f-stop, aperture etc. What's the best way to create a custom real lens camera? I'm going through the documentation as well but I wanted to run it by you guys as the docs don't seem to cover every aspect of the metadata.

Thanks
Wyatt

wyattharris
08-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Nevermind, read a little further down the docs and I found the 'from image' option. Very nice.

Second question, I've used real lens before but never when the accuracy was so critical. Can I trust it's accuracy?

nickdigital
08-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Second question, I've used real lens before but never when the accuracy was so critical. Can I trust it's accuracy?

Since it's designed to replicate a real lens I would assume "yes" since that was the intended design of the tool. If it doesn't then it's probably worth fogbuz'ing your experience to see where the disconnect is.

dpont
08-04-2011, 11:07 AM
...I've used real lens before but never when the accuracy was so critical. Can I trust it's accuracy?

I think that you can trust it's accuracy,
this comes from the best PTLens camera/lens profile database,
however this is done through a calibration method,
taking a few image shots, with hand-marked points
and a third party tool for calculation,
Thomas Niemann himself (PTLens) is probably the author of
all the profiles.

Denis.

wyattharris
08-04-2011, 01:38 PM
That is good to know in case I have to give a deposition on it. So far its a perfect match. Thanks guys.

evolross
08-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Sounds like a cool gig! Can you share any renders?