PDA

View Full Version : rescaling an Obj file without translation of the Object

Eric Walters
08-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Hi

How do I re-size 1000X an imported OBJ file-without it moving in 3d space?
I select the object- and use numeric to scale 1000X- fine- but it also moves upwards along the Z axis! Which ruins it as a morph target- even if I resize it 1/1000thX. How to resize without translating?

I am using the poly editing tools in LW 9.6 to make Morphs for Daz3D figures. I would also like to use Sculptris. The Problem is- I need to scale up the object approx 1000X to be used in Sculptris- which has some nice "Zbrush lite" deformation brushes

Any help appreciated! I hope no one says- use Blender! :-) I've been playing with it- but don't (so far) like the navigation- quite fond of LW in that respect!

nickdigital
08-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Are you scaling based on Selection or based on Pivot or Origin? It sounds like you're not doing it based on Selection. At the bottom of the Modeler window should be options to choose between Selection-Mouse-Origin-Pivot.

Eric Walters
08-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Thanks Nick!

That appears to have been the problem- now I'll give it another go in Sculptris!

Are you scaling based on Selection or based on Pivot or Origin? It sounds like you're not doing it based on Selection. At the bottom of the Modeler window should be options to choose between Selection-Mouse-Origin-Pivot.