PDA

View Full Version : Jittery Playback

jwbbc
08-03-2011, 11:07 AM
I work in a large church and we have two services going on a the same time sunday morning twice (total of 4) and we use the tricaster studio for our video capture. We send the live video over to the other service (in the same building) and we used to burn a DVD for the second service. we had the idea after the first main service to copy the raw video file off the tricaster to a network folder. Then in the other worship area copy it to the desktop and play it back through Propresenter because of the higher quality over the DVD. However when we play the video file on the other computer it is very jittery and the audio sputters and drops out? Any ideas?

bob anderson
08-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Since you are dealing with relatively HUGE files coming off the TriCaster, I wonder if it's a transfer rate issue on the Propresenter machine. Just as a test, could you take one of the saved files into Speed edit and save it out in DV format and see if that plays any better.

Bob Anderson

jwbbc
08-04-2011, 08:35 AM
A little more detail. Our playback computer also is new with very little on it. core i5 quad with turbo enabled. 4 GB of ram and a new nvidia 550 graphics card (~$150).

These files will also sputter at the same points on my main computer in the office which is core i7 quad, 12 GB ram, SSD drive and a recent $300 nvidia graphics card.

It is worse through propresenter but any playback software does the same thing. Also the playback through the tricaster of the same file is fine.

I have trouble believing that these computers don't have power to playback the video files.

Could it be working with the 29.97 NTSC framerate that must match a monitors 60 hz? We have tried to bypass our AV switchers to take out any frame rate issues there. I am literally going crazy trying to figure out why our audio and video get these little dropouts.

Any help would be appreciated.

brianone20
08-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Have you ever watched these video files play smoothly on any device? Perhaps they had recorded poorly due to a hard drive issue or something and you are trying to make something play clean that literally can't play clean? Just a thought!