PDA

View Full Version : AnchorChain plugin?

Axis3d
08-02-2011, 02:06 PM
There seems to be a plugin called AnchorChain v01 (Newtek version) added to my Master plugins list in Layout. I did not add it and I cannot seem to remove it either. I'm not even sure what it does because I can't find any info about it in the documentation or on the forum.

It does a scene calculation everytime I save or render something.

Anyone know what it does or why I can't seem to remove it from the list?

evenflcw
08-02-2011, 02:11 PM
It gets added automatically when you add a motion modifier by the same name. As it is at the top of the list, its easily added by mistake simply by clicking the popup menu and letting go. So just look for it on your items. If there are many items. Save the scene and text search the LWS. You could even erase the entries in there while your at it. I've made this mistake myself, and helped another person resolve it too. It seems to me this plugin is abit of a nuisance, and thus should be renamed (so its not at the top of the list) or redesigned so it's easier to get rid of.

Axis3d
08-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks, evenflcw,

The only plugins I'm using are Textured channel and noisy channel. I don't recall them ever triggering the Anchorchain plugin to be loaded. I don't even see the Anchorchain plugin in the list of motion modifiers. It only shows up in the Master Plugins list.

I did do a search of the scene file in a text editor and Anchorchain shows up only in the Master plugins list. weird.

evenflcw
08-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Neither of those (texture and noisy channel) are motion modifiers. And the motion modifier name is just Anchor. Be that as it may. If you can't delete AnchorChain then that is a sign you have an Anchor instance somewhere. LW cant prevent you to remove AnchorChain. Instead what happens is that the Anchor instance you have creates a new instance of AnchorChain as soon as you remove it.