PDA

View Full Version : Image mapping + DP instance

moussepipi2000
08-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Hello all.
i have a big problem !:devil:

i need to create a light array (LED PANEL) that will show an IMAGE. BUT i need each light contain only 1 color.

Actually if i map an image on LED instance. each LED containg many gradation to show the entire Bitmap

It is possible with node to say Instance will contain only 1 color (Bitmap Average color per instance)?

sorry for my english.

hope someone will be able to help me!

Thank you

Mousse

santi_man72
08-01-2011, 03:44 AM
why dont you just reduce de image resolution to fix your panel the way that evry pixel fits a light. I mean prepare the image or video in after effects first.

dpont
08-01-2011, 03:58 AM
...And disable Pixel Blending, Mipmapping,
check World Coordinates,
but you will loose the pixel color while moving instances.

If your image pixel size doesn't match your grid of instances,
there's another way more complicated,
using the Instance Info node with its Instance Position output
and the Replace Spot node,
so internal Spot position could be replaced by the
'pivot' of each instance with one color as result,
but instances shouldn't be resized.

Denis.

moussepipi2000
08-01-2011, 05:33 AM
Santi man. I had only this way to make it but it was very accurate work because my LED was very near (almost no gap between them) and it needed to make very accurate work in photoshop.

Dpont give me hint to make it . here my setup.

THank you very much DPONT and santi man!

3DGFXStudios
08-01-2011, 07:41 AM
You can also scale your LED model down to 0,0,0 in a morph, UV it in the morphed position and than clone your LED model or make an array to create an LED panel. Make sure you also do what santi_man72 said.

moussepipi2000
08-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Maybe it cant be reproduce with UV in my case because i need to use instance ( my object is too heavy in polygon ) (the image attached was just a test, my scene is more complicated). But your idea is also great i think. I can use it in other case.

thank you