PDA

View Full Version : Frame Rate Question

jaxtone
07-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Hi!

I admit it was a while ago I used Lightwave now and a very strange thing happen when rendering a customer pilot.

I chosed to render a part of the scene with "DV1 PAL Widescreen" exported as a TGA sequense! But when I import this sequense into Adobe Premiere CS4 it shows up as a 29.97 frames/sec.

I can change these import settings in Premiere but wonder if the original rendered frames where rendered with this awkward setting? How can I assure this isnīt the fact?

I have gone through the config files but there nothing is written as a default value for frame rates at all. Anyone who knows which CFG file and where it is located where the default frame rate settings are printed and can be changed?

BigHache
07-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Frame rate is set in the General Options tab in the Preferences window.

The default rate should be 30, and in the past LW has only been able to use an integer for the frame rate, so it just sounds weird that you'd be getting an NTSC frame rate as a default setting.

Set it in the prefs and you should be good to go.

SBowie
07-31-2011, 09:24 AM
... so it just sounds weird that you'd be getting an NTSC frame rate as a default setting.He probably wasn't. But Targas don't retain framerate info, and even if it was correctly set for PAL, Premier may not be clever enough to automatically interpret the PAL resolution frames as calling for a PAL framerate to go with it (though perhaps it might if the project was created in a PAL format.

BigHache
07-31-2011, 10:33 AM
True, I think I assumed he did start with a PAL preset. Best not to make assumptions. ;)

3DGFXStudios
07-31-2011, 12:18 PM
Frame sequences don't have a solid frame rate. Just set it in premiere.

jaxtone
07-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks guys! I just found out that Premiere wasnīt clever enough :)