PDA

View Full Version : Rigging Revealed Problem on OS X Lion (Solved)

s_ridenour
07-30-2011, 11:02 AM
I just downloaded the Rigging Revealed DVD, and couldn't get it to work at first (can play the videos but launching the Rigging Revealed app did nothing). However, I figured out the issue and thought I'd post the solution in case anyone else has the same problem.

This is on OS X 10.7 Lion. The .rar that was downloaded was opened with The Unarchiver (not that it matters).

The problem is that the actual executable inside the app bundle (Rigging Revealed.app/Contents/MacOS/mdm_flash_player) does not have the execute bit set in its permissions, and so OS X Lion refuses to run it.

It's an easy fix, though it requires a little command-line work. Assuming you've downloaded the DVD to your desktop (if you have the physical DVD you'll have to copy it to your computer first):
- From Finder, open the Go menu and choose Utilities
- Open the Terminal app
- Type in

cd ~/Desktop
cd rigging-dvd
cd "Rigging Revealed.app"/Contents/MacOS
chmod +x mdm_flash_player

- Close Terminal.

Launching the Rigging Revealed app should now work.

lertola2
07-31-2011, 04:48 PM
Where do you get the Rigging Revealed DVD?

-Joe

s_ridenour
08-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Got it for free because of when I bought Lightwave 10. NewTek e-mailed me a link to a place on their site where I could either download it or have the DVD mailed to me.

I don't remember the link, but if memory serves it was only valid until July 31 or something.