PDA

View Full Version : Two questions (issues) with TC

stijef
07-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Do you know why this is happening, a half line on the recorded files (mpeg) and on the stream using TC Studio (FME)? (see the picture)

and another situation, every time TC studio software starts, first screen looks messy as on the picture.

I have to click on some other tab, o.e. "Capture media" and back to "Live Production" in order to make the interface "clean" as you can see on another picture. Anybody know how to really fix that?

Thank you!

SBowie
07-30-2011, 06:14 AM
Do you know why this is happening, a half line on the recorded files (mpeg) and on the stream using TC Studio (FME)? (see the picture)That looks normal, actually. The top few lines of the video signal normally carry 'non-image' data, and don't show up on a TV because they are hidden in the overscan area. When the full frame is displayed, as when overscan is enabled on a monitor, or when the file is displayed on some projectors, used as a picture-in-picture (without cropping), etc., it can be seen as a couple of lines of noise.

I have to click on some other tab, o.e. "Capture media" and back to "Live Production" in order to make the interface "clean" as you can see on another picture. Anybody know how to really fix that?Even that last picture looks a bit messed up. Is it possible you are running the UI on a non-standard monitor resolution?

stijef
07-30-2011, 06:34 AM
I see. So cropping few top pixels (how many?) in the FME settings (profile file) will fix that, I guess?

non standard resolution... could be. I have to found info which resolutions are standard for TC. Thank you!

bob anderson
07-30-2011, 01:16 PM
the 2nd question is definitely a monitor resolution issue. I see it all the time... running a 16X9 project on a 4X3 monitor etc. or verse vica. try different resolutions and it will work itself out.

I also see the couple of scan lines on many, or most Images.. these are of course a total non issue when viewed on a TV monitor.

Bob Anderson