PDA

View Full Version : crushed stone

jester76
10-09-2003, 01:07 PM
I hope someone can help me out on this..
I'm working on a model for a manufacturer that makes basement wrap (waterproofing)..I'm having a hard time making piles of crushed rock look realistic...these are close up shots

any ideas besides modelling a hundred or so tiny rocks?

luka
10-09-2003, 09:23 PM
I think you should try using partigons to control the amount of stones and applying hypervoxels to create the stone textures and then using object collision detection I think you would get a nice result:)

Axis3d
10-13-2003, 05:37 PM
I would try building a subdivision model of the pile. Then use a seamless image map of your crushed rock texture for the color and bump map. Most important part: Under Object Properties > Deform tab >Bump Displacement. Use this setting to actually raise the bump textures away from the model (not just bump mapping). You will need to go to your Object Properties >Geometry tab > set your subdivision order to First and the Display and Render Subpatch Level to a higher number (try something like 25). When you adjust the Bump displacement distance, you will see it in Layout. You can even render with shadows! This model actually has bumps modelled in now. Hope this works for you.