PDA

View Full Version : COMPOSITE - 400K - no LW in this one

Mike Pauza
03-01-2003, 03:56 PM
Here's my 4 year old working out "with some help". I'm putting together my website, so crits and comments are greatly appreciated.:)

Thanks guys. -Mike

\image{manchild}

Skonk
03-01-2003, 04:49 PM
hehe strong kid :)

Compositing looks really well done.

James..

pawn707
03-31-2003, 05:22 AM
First off, you have the angle of the barbell/weights looking good. If this were a B+W image I think it would be fine.

However, the main giveaway to me was that the saturation on the childs body is more than the barbell he's holding. Look at the stuff lying in the background--that's almost if not the same saturation as the weights he's holding...which wouldn't be true. I'd say either desaturate him slightly, or better yet simply up the saturation and contrast on the barbell he's holding...

...not bad though!

pawn707
03-31-2003, 05:26 AM
To clarify: the shadows on the comp'd weights needs to match the barbell, as noted in the attachment (hope you don't mind me marking up your pic)

vipergtsdrivr
04-01-2003, 10:11 PM
he is too sharp and background is out of focus...when hes not even that far from that wall...

Mike Pauza
04-01-2003, 11:39 PM
Hey...I though this thread was dead. Thanks guys.

pawn707:
Well, the wieghts and barbell are actually comped from the same pic so the lighting is the same technically...but yeah it does look kind of funky. Thanks for the crit.

vipergtsdrivr:
Yes the background is blured too much to look very realistic. I wanted to sacrifice realism a bit to give him some extra pop. I like the end effect, but several other people agree with you and said I went too far. Thank you too.

Mike Pauza
04-01-2003, 11:46 PM
Well let me make a retraction.

The bar "where it touches the plates may very well" have been from another pic...that would explain why it could look so off...that and me not correcting it.

AND, I probably could have gotten the DOF effect I wanted by blurring the BG in layers with different intensities...duh! I'm so dumb sometimes. :o

-Thanks for being picky guys.

-Mike