PDA

View Full Version : Modeler to Lightwave errors,,please help!!

Capt. Richard
07-27-2011, 11:59 AM
96971Hi Newtek forum,,I have a consistent error going from modeler to layout. I am making a poker logo with cards, colored it, send to layout and it changes my cards color and sometimes the order,,can anyone help? I have even made separate models of the cards that render fine alone but when I import another card or the poker model alone it changes the cards or usually one, the queen, to black. Sometimes it changes the ace to black or the king and once it changed the ace and the queen to black, but now it changes the king. I have started over numerous times, restarted the machine, but no luck..Please help..
Included models and scene

nickdigital
07-27-2011, 12:08 PM
You have a lot of polys sitting directly on top of each other. This is a really scary way to model. You'll very likely get render errors.

Either stencil the shapes into the polys or use a texture map.

Capt. Richard
07-27-2011, 12:12 PM
thank you for your prompt reply,,I don't exactly know how I'll do that,,I guess I have to model each part seperately? and surface with images?:thumbsup:

nickdigital
07-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Once you setup one object recycling it to be other cards is easy. Just use a different image and save out a different version of the object.

Or you could use the Stencil tool and cut your shapes into your card.

Danner
07-27-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm guessing you have all this polygons on top of each other to simulate the black outer edge of the card. The way I would do it is to start with a black card, bevel it to the inside,then change the surface of the inner poly to white.

If you still see errors at render time you need to triple your geometry, polygons with too many faces sometimes render wrong.

Capt. Richard
07-27-2011, 03:40 PM
awesome,,learning a lot,,many thanks

Capt. Richard
07-27-2011, 03:42 PM
thanks for your replies,,getting through a lot of problems, thanks again.