PDA

View Full Version : Morph not rendering?

objuan
07-26-2011, 02:56 PM
I have an old style morph of 5 objects that looks fine in Layout, but when I render it doesnt seem to be morphing?

The 5 layers are linked as morph targets, and all but the 1st layer have dissolve set to 100%.
The 1st layer is visible, has Multi/Target selected, and morphs from 0% to 600%. It looks fine when I scrub my time line.

But when I render it does nothing. ??

I had a variety of other deformers on the object, but I have removed all of them and still seem to have the issue.

?

objuan
07-26-2011, 03:01 PM
For a test, I reversed the order of the layers, and now it sees to work.

They had been going from the fully grown layer (that I built 1st) morphing by stages into the infant layer.

Granted the infant layer is contained within the space of the grown layer, but it still should have renderd morphed right? Like it does in preveiw?

Weird.

nickdigital
07-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Odd. I did a quick test and it renders fine here...both on 9.6 and 10.

objuan
07-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Scratch all that. Upon closer inspection changing the order, didnt fix things.

The problem was that I had set the SubD render geometry of my object different than the render geometry of the others. The display rez was the same so the preveiw was working, but I guess LW silently choked when it tried to morph 900 points to 300 point.
Or rather, it politely spit that idea into its napkin, and dropped it under the table.