PDA

View Full Version : Using SX-8 as a DA for dubbing

Smcvicar
10-09-2003, 09:49 AM
I read a post on here earlier about using the SX-8 as a DA to make multiple copies. I tried to do it last night and it didn't work. I could record to my dubbing decks but the video was black and white...the audio was fine.

I checked the virtual BOB to see if I could change a setting...I know if you don't change to Y/C on the switcher when using S-Video it's B&W...but I couldn't find anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

By the way...it if matters...I own a VT2.

Scott
Lewisburg, PA

Patrick Strenk
10-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Look in the Preferences and there is a setting for Y/C or Component.

Patrick Strenk

PIZAZZ
10-09-2003, 08:16 PM
I will do a little artwork and get back with you.

PIZAZZ
10-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Just to check the obvious:

The 4 - Y/C outputs are the ones you are using right??

Remember you can either have y/c out or component out not both at the same time.

The 4 composite out are always on and 99.9% of the time in color.

Make sure in preferences you have Y/C selected on output mode. (6th line down btw)

Smcvicar
10-09-2003, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the replys guys. Unfortunately I'm still not having luck. I'm taking Y/C out to my record deck and that's fine with output mode set to Y/C.

I'm trying to take three component outs to three separate VCR's for multiple copies. I disconnected my Y/C and connected three component outs (BNC's to RCA's) and set the output to compoment and it still records in B&W. I'm at a loss.

I'd really like to save myself a couple hundred bucks and not have to buy a DA. But I guess I'll have to if I can't figure this out.

Any other ideas.

In the meantime...thanks again for the suggestions.

Scott

PIZAZZ
10-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Smcvicar
I'm trying to take three component outs to three separate VCR's for multiple copies. I disconnected my Y/C and connected three component outs (BNC's to RCA's) and set the output to compoment and it still records in B&W. I'm at a loss.

You do realize that you can only use the component outs to go to component decks. If you are using standard VHS decks then use the composite video outputs. The four to farthest right in my picture earlier.

If that doesn't work, post exactly the model number of the decks you are using.

Smcvicar
10-10-2003, 06:43 AM
Jef...I always get composite and component messed up. I meant to say composite....the single BNC's farthest to the right.

And I'm sending those to three consumer JVC S-VHS VCRs. The JVC's don't have Y/C in so I'm going composite out to RCA in.

And I'm recording video...it's just B&W.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Paul Lara
10-10-2003, 07:07 AM
That's unusual, since the composite outs are always hot and always in living color. Not sure what would cause that.

Are you taking Program out?
Is VT-Vision showing full color?

Smcvicar
10-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Yes to both questions Paul.

I'm at a loss...I guess I'll just have to play around a little and see if I can figure out the problem.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

videoconcepts
10-10-2003, 08:11 AM
Check Cable to sx8 on both ends...

PIZAZZ
10-10-2003, 08:56 AM
My sentiments exactly.

Double check your cables from the VT card to the SX8.

Remember the "feature" on the SX8 of the cable numbers going:
VT4
VT3
VT5

On the card it is:
Top = VT3
Bottom = VT4
All by itself = VT5

Could also be a malfunction flux capacitor? Have you checked your dilithium crystals lately???