PDA

View Full Version : In Batch File Hell!!!! Someone Please Help!

jesblood
07-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey all,

I've been following this easy to setup four part series on Youtube setting up and running Screamernet. I've got everything set on all four of my pcs. However when I went to run my batch files only 2 out of the four actually ran the files. My main computer and my fourth computer ran their files just fine. You know sending that alert over and over until you initialize Screamernet saying "can't access job file." But once I intialized Screamernet both of those pcs showed up perfectly in the listing. The other two were nowhere to be found.

I don't think anything went wrong with the instructions. I think it's a strange setting on my other two pcs. I tried copying their batch files for each malfunctioning computer to their individual hardrives just to see what would happen. Same thing each time. The command prompt window would open and then immediately shut down. They wouldn't run.

This is frustrating! The process works just fine. I was just hoping that maybe someone on here could help me figure out the cause to my problem or maybe somebody knows someone who can. Please if anyone can be of any help I would be eternally grateful.

I'm running all four pcs on Windows XP 2002 professional service pack 3. Thanks in advance.

SonicMotion
07-21-2011, 09:53 PM
We need more info, whats the code in the batch file?

jesblood
07-21-2011, 10:21 PM
W:\bin\lwsn.exe -2 -cW:\Config -dY:\Fobot-Spin-Farmout W:\Command\job1 W:\Command\ack1

Lists the network drive letter - Screamernet version 2 - Location of my Config folder - network drive letter where my project folder is located - Location of Command folder (job1) - Location of Command folder (ack1)

jesblood
07-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Does anyone have any ideas?

Lightwolf
07-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Try adding a slash behind the config directory:
-cW:\Config\
Possibly also behind the content directory.

Cheers,
Mike

Phil
07-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Any chance you gave two or more nodes the same numeric suffix in the job and ack arguments in the batch file?

jesblood
07-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Any chance you gave two or more nodes the same numeric suffix in the job and ack arguments in the batch file?

I wish. That would have been easier to resolve. Unfortunately no dice. Any other ideas. Believe me I'm all ears.

Phil
07-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Ah. What about MSVC runtimes? I don't think you stated whether you installed LW on each node. In the old days, you could simply point to a common folder for all nodes, or copy over a full LW folder and have it run in place.

LW 10 breaks this. You either need to install LW 10.0 on each node, or install the MSVC 2008 redistributables. That has tripped quite a few people up : http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119258

jesblood
07-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Ah. What about MSVC runtimes? I don't think you stated whether you installed LW on each node. In the old days, you could simply point to a common folder for all nodes, or copy over a full LW folder and have it run in place.

LW 10 breaks this. You either need to install LW 10.0 on each node, or install the MSVC 2008 redistributables. That has tripped quite a few people up : http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119258

Oh I'm sorry bro. No I don't have LW10 installed on each node. I'm simply pointing to a common folder for all the nodes. What is the MSVC 2008 redistributables? (sorry I'm from NoobVille) Is it a driver download I need from Microsoft?

Lightwolf
07-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Is it a driver download I need from Microsoft?
It's included in the installation directory of LW 10. Essentially libraries provided by Microsoft that need to be installed on every node (especially if they only run XP).

Cheers,
Mike

jesblood
07-22-2011, 10:21 PM

You were right! I downloaded and installed the pack and it worked like a champ! Thanks bro! I totally totally appreciate your help! God bless you 10 fold for your help in Jesus name! Thank frickin God! I thought I was going to lose my mind. Again thanks.

In the credits of my game I'll credit you as 'renderfarm hero' no problem!

Thank you all for trying to help. It's nice to know the community is so tight knit. Blessings everyone!

Phil
07-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Glad to hear you are up and running. :)