PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

boeing727223
07-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Exporting an .obj with materials and keeping the default OBJ_UVTextureMap assigned to all materials without having to do a manual the UV map to each material in the surface editor before export?

I can't count the number of times I would import an .obj, do some alterations, and export it for further work in Zbrush only to find I forgot to add the UV map to each material...happened again today after 2 hours of work.

Hominid 3D
07-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Exporting an .obj with materials and keeping the default OBJ_UVTextureMap assigned to all materials without having to do a manual the UV map to each material in the surface editor before export?

I can't count the number of times I would import an .obj, do some alterations, and export it for further work in Zbrush only to find I forgot to add the UV map to each material...happened again today after 2 hours of work.

Well, our scanner does export objects with the texturemap applied, and they load in Modo with it. So yes, the format should allow it. However, Ive never managed to do the same when exporting from Modo or Lightwave.