PDA

View Full Version : Render Farm for Sale

p_4204
07-20-2011, 07:23 AM
I have a 4-Node-(32 Core)-RENDER FARM for sale. I had an animation studio that I am closing and I would like to sell our farm.
These are amazingly fast reliable units. It used to take over an hour to render each frame of our animations but if you use Mental Ray with Combustion they are lightning fast at about 8 to 10 minutes per frame. A super high rez single frame renders in about 15 minutes. We would set up a scene at the end of the day and it would be ready to preview by morning- AWESOME!!! It really made or deadlines less stressful.

These were custom built to higher specs than BOXX's-2XQuadCore-RenderBOXX:

Motherboard- Super Micro Computers-MBD-X&DCL-1
Processors- 2ea- Intel Xeon E5420 Harpertown 2.5GHz LGA 771 80W Quad-Core Processor BX80574E542OA

Memory- Kingston-2ea 2GB (4IB Total)

Hard Drive- Western Digital - 80gig
DVD- LG - DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R
Operating System: Microsoft - MS SP Pro-X64-Special

Also included is a LinksKey 8-Port KVM Switch and cables- This allows you to switch and monitor the progress on all four nodes from a single Monitor.

These are wonderful units and cost about 14k when new.
We are asking $6800 for all four nodes which includes shipping

You can inquire at the email address listed above or
Call me at 360-858-7449. Ask for Paul

Hieron
07-21-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm sorry to say, but that's quite pricey for second hand 4 year old hardware. I'd be amazed if you got more than 3k $ for it. Usually, in 4 year hardware is almost completely written off. The rack cases are nice though, so is the KVM etc.

Too bad you had to close down shop..

clagman
07-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Ya that seems a bit steep considering that they are 2 generations in the hole now. In my case they don't have enough RAM to be useful.