PDA

View Full Version : Working with TriCaster and Final Cut

tomyhomy
07-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Hi,

When I import the .mpg files made by TriCaster BROADCAST to Final Cut pro 7 there is no picture and no sound.

It seems to me that Final Cut can not work with MPEG files made by TriCaster.

What is the best way to solve this problem?

Many thanks

SBowie
07-20-2011, 07:02 AM
My understanding is that FCP can read TriCaster's standard profile MPEG2 files, but may require specific versions and/or an MPEG2 plugin. This has changed a bit over time, and someone else may be able to help you with the specific jiggery-pokery required at the present time. Or you may prefer to use one of several methods discussed in these forums to convert the MPEG2 files to another format that FCP handles better.

tomyhomy
07-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Thank you for your respond.

The best solution would be ones with no need of converting the files before importing them to the Final Cut.

Is it true that if I install Apple MPEG2 on my iMac, FC is then able to import the TriCasters MPEG files?

bob anderson
07-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Like SBowie, I'm reluctant to give a definitive answer to this question, as we are both TriCaster guys, and not FCP guys. That being said, I know that you do have to have the Apple Mpeg2 codec on your machine, and as Steve mentioned, FCP CAN'T read the high profile ( I think it was called "Studio Profile" ) out of the Broadcast.

If you do a search in the forums, there's actually several threads from FCP Pros here.

Bob Anderson