PDA

View Full Version : Create Skelegon Command?

AmigaNewTek
07-20-2011, 03:01 AM
Hello scripters,

there is a command to create a Skelegon?
Where can i found documentation?

Thank you.

evenflcw
07-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Yes, but not directly. You will first have to create some polygons or curves, make sure those are selected then run cmdseq("MakeSkelegons"), ie the Skelegonize command(!), then delete the polygons/curves.

Documentation ... I guess this post will have to suffice!?

AmigaNewTek
07-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Thank you very much.

Do you have a working, simple example of this?
Where can i found the list of all LScript comand with example?

Thank you again

evenflcw
07-20-2011, 07:44 AM
There is the lscript pdf manuals and there are the lscript release notes in the SDK docs, and there is Mike Greens online compilation of the same, http://www.mikegreen.name/Lscript/Lscript%20Index.html. And then there is the SDK docs, which is relevant because you can invoke most/all(?) the commands via CommandInput(), cmdseq() or meshedit().

editbegin();
pnts[1] = addpoint(<0,0,0>);
pnts[2] = addpoint(<0,0,1>);
poly = addpolygon(pnts);
editend();
cmdseq("MakeSkelegons");

Maybe too simple. I did not have anything working that I could find. You'll have to figure out the rest yourself or request a script, and hope for the best, if you really don't care to code yourself. You can probably count me out as I don't agree with skelegons as they are so half-assed that I don't consider them worth the effort.

3DGFXStudios
07-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Here you can find and learn a lot.

http://www.mikegreen.name/Lscript/Lscript%20Index.html

AmigaNewTek
07-21-2011, 02:44 AM
Thank you all. I will try and study...

AmigaNewTek
07-21-2011, 04:25 AM
You can probably count me out as I don't agree with skelegons as they are so half-assed that I don't consider them worth the effort.

what do you mean?

evenflcw
07-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Skelegons are supposed to be like bones in Modeler. They are not. The main faults are:

* No true parenting relationship
* No true pivots
* No live deformation
* No two-way relationship between skelegons and bones
* No support for joints

All in all. A very poor substitute for actual bones causing more work rather than less. The more advanced your rigging the less practical they are. It's simply not a tool for professional application.