PDA

View Full Version : Announce: Master Control 1.0 (TriCaster XD/3Play 820)

dhomas
07-19-2011, 09:18 AM
youngmonkey is pleased to announce the release of Master Control 1.0 for TriCaster XD and 3Play 820.

"We thought Macro Panel was amazing, WOW! - We'll never use a TriCaster without Master Control now!" - John Powell, Studio Hudson

WHAT IS IT?
------------
Master Control is a fully customizable control system for devices/software of various kinds. Based on our very popular Macro Panel control system, with integrated technologies relied upon by industry leaders including companies such as: FOX, ABC, NBC, NBA Entertainment, Sports Canada, The Nielsen Company, The Shopping Channel, American Law Institute, and NASA, Master Control provides next generation features such as touch screen control, customizable button graphics and labels, and much more. It allows complex control of hundreds of functions on multiple devices simultaneously with single keypresses. Do things you only dreamed about until now. It will revolutionize the way you operate equipment, and introduces exciting new functionality and ease of use for operators

Supported Devices: TriCaster XD300/XD850, 3Play 820
Additional Support Coming Soon: LiveText, TriCaster Standard/Pro/Studio/Broadcast, VT, Camera Control, Projector Control, Video Switcher/Router Control, MIDI Control Surfaces and Device Control, More...

"We saved over $30,000 by switching to Macro Panel. Unbelievable product. Flexible, gave us more options and brought our production to the next level. So impressed we purchased two." - Trevor Parks, Sports Information Director, Youngstown State University

kltv
07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Congrats Dhomas! Very exciting!

Kris

PIZAZZ
07-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Definitely looks interesting Dhomas. Keep the information coming.

MonkeyWithaGun
07-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Very cool!!!

-patrick

ted
07-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Very cool. Nice list of customers too!

GeekNews
07-20-2011, 01:33 AM
Can i have a Control surface hooked up and run this at same time.. Aka sometimes the guy running the switch needs a break and the host can keep on switching? Also how much?

PIZAZZ
07-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Can i have a Control surface hooked up and run this at same time.. Aka sometimes the guy running the switch needs a break and the host can keep on switching? Also how much?

Yes. Multiple controllers can attach to the 850

3995 is your cost

TVIZME
07-21-2011, 10:34 PM
I have just recieved by Master Control from Dhomas. Let me say, this is the ultimate device for the Tricaster XD 850-Extreme. I set up the system in minutes -then created "memories". The process is very intuitive. I even set up positions in my virtual inputs for scale- crop - etc... then recalled them in one buttonpress! Definately worth the investment! next wave of updates will include camera control and router support. This device completes the needed functionality on the Newtek Switchers.

..........only thing to stop you is your imagination.........

P.S. the interface is fully customizable.................simply awesome!!:thumbsup:

dhomas
07-22-2011, 07:47 AM
A clarification re Jeff's comment "Multiple controllers can attach to the 850"... Master Control does not "attach" to the 850 directly. It controls the 850 over a network. So, you can literally be anywhere you have a network connection and control with Master Control. We actually did some of our testing here in Canada with TriCaster systems located in the US. Extremely responsive.

kltv
07-22-2011, 09:37 AM
So, you can literally be anywhere you have a network connection and control with Master Control. We actually did some of our testing here in Canada with TriCaster systems located in the US. Extremely responsive.

John dialed into my Extreme last night using MasterControl. He was literally switching my Extreme in Portland from 2500 miles away in Ohio. Very responsive. I "FaceTimed" the UI back to him so he could see the changes in progress. Very responsive and very cool!

Kris

ChrisP
07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Hello,

is it possible to control the input-type, too? Componente, or SDI, or...

Regards
Chris

dhomas
07-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Input configuration is currently only supported on our TriCaster-SD product line (and will be in Master Control for those a little bit later too)... We will be supporting several major brands of video switcher/router control soon as well.

JFRivard
10-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Cloud I use it as a sound board?

It could be nice to have a sound control without clicking and manage tab.

Or maybe have a soundman with me.

Thank you.

dhomas
10-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Yes, we have added support for audio mixer controls in the latest release.

GeekNews
10-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Is this available on as an iPad app. If no do you expect to release one.

dhomas
10-18-2011, 08:04 PM
The iPad is very limiting for the full feature set of Master Control... in particular camera control, projector control, livetext control etc, would all be very difficult to implement. There are substantial advantages to a Windows based tablet, particularly that we don't have to reinvent the wheel for everythign we want to implement. Would you rather we release lots of updates regularly, or a few new things once a year?

Having said that, we have something we are doing with the iPad, but it is not a priority.