PDA

View Full Version : Lw8 or 9 only for LW liveset gen.

hruffin3
07-19-2011, 06:51 AM
i can't get the installer to install on lw 8 - (is it because it finds the lw9 demo) - but it will not run the LSGen. from the master plug-ins on LW9 - since my trial period ended:eek: - so i can use Aura generator - but not LW generator until i upgrade to LW9 is what i think happens . the error i get with both 8 (which i tried to add plugins on) and LW9 demo MODE is can't find ...FX.compiler.dll which is in the correct folders - i think its because of DEMO MODE ....... and incompatibility with LW8???

also how about the new liveset tool for TC - what version will it run with?

also the VT[5] DVE file requester has options for .dvf file which i think is a SONY voice file??? - can these be loaded with a dve ???

SBowie
07-19-2011, 07:56 AM
i can't get the installer to install on lw 8
I think the docs state that the plugins require something like 9.3.1 or better...

also how about the new liveset tool for TC
No really sure what new tool you're referring to. For the SD TriCaster lineup, there is no new tool.

also the VT[5] DVE file requester has options for .dvf file which i think is a SONY voice file??? - can these be loaded with a dve ???No, I think that reference was for something else.

hruffin3
07-20-2011, 06:23 AM
Yeah the hd tool is what i was wondering about - it seems to be stand-alone
- so then would a set created with aura or lw9 at hd resolution run on the hd tricasters? - Its gonna be a while before i would have an hd tricaster to actually just see for myself - but i was thinking that so many newtekians seem to be interested in livesets for tricaster that someone might work towards the $$upgrade by supplying the hd sets!

SBowie
07-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Yeah the hd tool is what i was wondering about - it seems to be stand-aloneAt the present time, at least, the Virtual Set Editor is only available as an add-on to a TCXD system. (I think the feeling is that a standalone version would be of limited usefulness, since there would be no way to test LiveSets you created.)

- so then would a set created with aura or lw9 at hd resolution run on the hd tricasters?Well, you could create graphics for LiveSet design purposes in LW, or to a lesser degree, Aura (since it lacks HDR capabilities) ... but neither LW nor Aura can actually compile a LiveSet intended for use on a TCXD.

Sorry, at the present time it seems you would be limited to SD LiveSets - but particularly with LW, there's no reason the LW objects and scenes couldn't later be re-used to create TCXD style LiveSets, once you have the means to make them.

hruffin3
07-21-2011, 06:48 AM
working to get Lw9 ... thanks. I still like the vt and tricaster is:newtek: next on my list.:thumbsup: