PDA

View Full Version : Rough surface issue

waly
07-18-2011, 04:25 AM
Hi

Long time no posts, I was kind of bussy this days sorry.

I have an issue with the native render-er a part of logo surface looks rough not smooth as its supposed to be, I'm animating a logo for a investor, and everything looked perfectly right until I rendered, I'm sending the images rendered with Native LW render-er and Fprime render in which there is no problem
Please help to fix it.

I can provide with more info as settings etc.

p.s. the rough surface that needs to be fixed is marked with red in native render's pic.

thanks in advance, waly

akademus
07-18-2011, 05:11 AM
Are you using image or procedural texture. If its a UV, subdivide you model a bit more using Shift+D in Modeler.

waly
07-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Are you using image or procedural texture. If its a UV, subdivide you model a bit more using Shift+D in Modeler.

Thanks akademus as soon as i try i ll get back to you.

waly
07-18-2011, 08:31 AM
I did some further subdivision using shft+D in modeler but i get the exact same result.
need more opinions

Wade
07-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Looks to me like you might have a double poly. Try merging points and then merg polys as it looks to be an overlaping poly. Then maybe triple if need be.

Dexter2999
07-18-2011, 12:58 PM
I see jaggies in other places in the render. What is your anti-aliasing set to?

waly
07-18-2011, 01:35 PM
@Wade Looks to me like you might have a double poly. Try merging points and then merg polys as it looks to be an overlaping poly. Then maybe triple if need be.

Thank for the reply wade, Yes i checked the poly's looks perfect no overlaping poly.

@Dexter2999 I see jaggies in other places in the render. What is your anti-aliasing set to?

Thanks for the reply Dexter, it is set to 30 below are m prt sc for the settings used.

Dexter2999
07-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I personally haven't had much success with the Perspective Camera. I see you have the anti aliasing set to 30 and you have photoreal motion blur on, yet I don't see that reflected in the actual render.

I don't know if Perspective Camera is the issue or not, but I would try Classic or Advanced and see what happens.

waly
07-18-2011, 01:59 PM
I noticed that when the camera stands against the logo the jaggies don't appear in that particular spot , and yes the edges still have jaggies for some reason.
please check out the renders to compare.

thanks

gerry_g
07-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Statistics – 'Poly Stats' look for two point poly's delete, may only show up in 'Edges Stats' as 3 Poly edges same deal delete, at least that's my guess may not be correct but is what it looks like, hope it helps