PDA

View Full Version : Exclude raydiosity bug - workaround ??

ingo
10-09-2003, 01:26 AM
Does someone have a solution for the "exclude raydiosity" bug to really exclude an element from raydiosity ?

In most of my cases i have a skycube around my objects (buildings) and dont want to take that into raydiosity, but of course it should reflect.

I hope LW 8 has fixed this and has a nice "exclude from reflection" button too, thats what i definitely miss a lot.

regards

ingo

Lewis
10-09-2003, 04:12 PM
exclude from reflection you say ? hmm it would be nice but can you explain more what is the problem ?

you always can turn on "unseen by camera" for cube object or turn one "unseen by rays" wich will exclude object from cacluation. If you turn on exclude radiosity and unsend by camera you won't render object but reflection will be present. If you turn on unseen by rays you will have opposite effect.

I think that your solution will be "unsen by camera" on object properties of that "sky cube" ?

toby
10-09-2003, 10:23 PM
or are you saying that you want ray-trace reflection but not Radiosity, and checking 'Exclude' has no effect?

Work-arounds would be using a reflection map instead of ray-tracing, or rendering the reflection pass separately and compositing it - the compositing might save you a lot of render time too

ingo
10-10-2003, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the help, but of course i want the sky cube visible to the camera and the reflections, thats the problem. When i uncheck rayvisibility than it is excluded from raydiosity AND reflections, no matter if it is excluded from raydiosity or not.

So my only option is indeed a reflection pass or mapping.