PDA

View Full Version : power was pulled

Toaden
07-17-2011, 07:13 AM
The power was pulled during a shoot. We were told that the file is still stored in the unit but it is difficult to restore and use it. Can anyone help?

SBowie
07-17-2011, 07:43 AM
There are a lot of variables involved. Let's assume you're talking about a full quality video recording, as opposed to the file representing the streaming output. Some older SD TriCaster versions recorded in AVI, while newer versions record MPEG2. One of the reasons for the change to capturing MPEG2 was because in a case like this, the AVI file would be corrupted. (There is a third-party developer who had a utility that was reported to have been to rescue these file, though.) If your system captures MPEG2, there would seem to be a greater chance that the file is intact. The exact location where the file is stored would probably depend on the model.

gameguyag
07-19-2011, 02:43 PM
A good backup power supply unit in your workflow will allow you to stay up until you can make a proper stop. This has been huge for us, especially on location when power is always a variable source.

Yeusef
07-20-2011, 10:33 AM
I am not saying that this is not WAY OVERKILL, but it is a little Frankenstein project of mine. I actually have a 6U Military shockmount Hardig case that houses a 30A UPS and the a power distro with (4) 15A circuits. Each one has it's own breaker and 7 outlet pigtail. Yeah, it weighs 200lb's but i can provide 100% power to myself, or a whole production trailer. I rent it out to people that have local productions. It can also be run off of a 15A circuit, but obviously you cannot fully utilize the circuits that are served by it.

bob anderson
07-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Toaden. We may be able to help you recover the file, but we need to know which model TriCaster, and what rev of software you are running.

Bob Anderson

Toaden
07-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Thank you to all the replies so far,

it is a Tricaster Broadcast the software is 2.5

I hope this helps you help us.

wgbweb
07-22-2011, 08:31 AM
SO. I am Toaden's colleague. We'd really appreciate any ideas anyone could lend with the Tricaster Broadcast situation.

We was recording for about 3 hours when the plug was pulled. We were not recording the stream. Only the main (top) record button was activated. The event ended, but we forgot to stop the Tricaster. We struck the gig and pulled the plug and THEN realized our mistake!

Any hope for recovering that file? We've subsequently recorded one or two other events since the 'pulled plug flub' - don't know if that will factor into the equation (overwrite?)

Would greatly appreciate any input!

Thanks.

jcupp
07-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Look in the (hidden) NewTekInfo in the location you were recording. There may be a large temp file (I don't recall the naming convention). Since you have the 2.x software this file can simply be renamed with a .mpg extension and you are in business. 1.x software would require the AVI headers to be rebuilt etc.

brianone20
08-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Can you search the hard drive for .avi and/or .mpg files, then sort by filesize? You may be able to spot it by the size. A 3 hour clip will be pretty significant.