PDA

View Full Version : FiberFX & Shadows

CMT
07-14-2011, 08:30 AM
I just upgraded to LW 10 last week and have been playing around with more of the FFX settings. I have a test head I'm working on. When I add the FFX to the head and hit render, I get the shadows showing up properly and I can adjust the intensity of them. But as soon as I edit the guides in layout, then render, the shadows don't render anymore on the head. They have self shadows, but none show on the scalp surface they attach to. Anyone else experience this? I'm running on a Mac Pro Quad core.

Greenlaw
07-14-2011, 11:49 AM
You should download and try the latest 10.1 beta. The developers have been giving FFX a lot of love and attention for version 10.1 and they're still working on it. If you find the same problem in the beta, now is the time to get that bug report in. And hurry, time is running out!

G.

hrgiger
07-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey Christopher, haven't seen you around in a while.

I just tested a more recent build (not the very latest one but the one before it) and it seems like that problem may not exist in 10.1. Below is a render before editing the guides and one after editing them. I cranked the shadows up to one fugly percent so you can clearly see that they're still there.

Hope that's helpful.

Greenlaw
07-14-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't think anybody is allowed to say too much about the latest version of FFX outside the beta forums. If you have access, you should ask there.

G.

CMT
07-14-2011, 02:44 PM
hrgiger , yeah it's been awhile! I still get on here quite often to look around, but I don't post much these days. Too much going on here at work.

I couldn't find the option to download the 10.1 beta in my downloads with my registered profile on Newtek's registration site. Do I have to do something first to get access? Or am I too late to the game to get access? I also don't have access to the 10.1 beta forums.

hrgiger
07-14-2011, 02:58 PM
If you have LW10 then you should have access. But you have to contact Newtek I'm pretty sure to get that setup. Beta builds are now posted in the beta forums and not in your registration. Once you have access, builds are posted in the build announcements themselves.

CMT
07-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll contact support and see what I can do.

Greenlaw
07-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Cool! We can use more FFX testers! See you there. :)

CMT
07-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Well that reeks... :( I emailed customer support and they informed me that the beta builds are only for those that purchased LW before June 15 of this year. I'll have to wait until 10.1 is actually released before I can find out if this FFX issue is fixed or not.

But anyway, here's the first FFX test I did. I just threw in a head I did awhile back without the eyes, just for a quick testing and brushed the hair guides back some. Looks like it could be good for a nice head of hair.

mcsdaver
07-14-2011, 06:13 PM
I just got LW 10, so I haft to wait for 10.1 also.
I did copy Saslite to LW 10 to make LW 10 work with my old scenes.
I hate loading a scene and finding out old plugins are gone.
I do need to learn as much new as I can though.

mcsdaver
07-14-2011, 06:14 PM
You made a cute head, but please put the eyes back in. lol
The hair is looking good.

hrgiger
07-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Well that reeks... :( I emailed customer support and they informed me that the beta builds are only for those that purchased LW before June 15 of this year. I'll have to wait until 10.1 is actually released before I can find out if this FFX issue is fixed or not.

That does reek. Don't worry, 10.1 is going to be out soon. I'm guessing within the next week or two.

Greenlaw
07-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Yes, I think it's coming really, REALLY soon, so hang in there. :)