PDA

View Full Version : Animating Texture Blending in NodeEditor

wolfiboy
07-13-2011, 05:23 AM
Hi,
I watched all the NodeEditor-tutorials by William Vaughan but I couldn't achieve following: In my scene a meteorite should hit the ground and create a little crater (-> morph mixer). In connection with that the texture of the ground in this little crater should change to a kind of 'lave' at the time of the hit. I achieved the texture displacement of the 'lava'-texture but I don't know how to animate it. I tried with an envelope on opacity in the mixer-node (see attachment) but in this case get a black spot with opacity=0 (=backgound-color).
Does somebody have an idea how this can be done? Thank you!

stevecullum
07-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Did you try the mixer?

You could then use a gradient pluged into the opacity channel to control the blending.

EDIT: Oops, yes you did...but try a gradient instead ;)

wolfiboy
07-14-2011, 03:56 AM
Thank you stevecullum for your reply!
Well I need the weight map to control the displacement of the lava-texture by the opacity-channel of the mixer, but your
reply inspired me to put a gradient between the weight map and the opacity-channel. In the gradient I animated the position of
the marker in the middle by an envelope. The Start-marker has Alpha 0%, the End-marker has Alpha 100%. I put a maker in the middle
and set its Alpha to 0%. By changing the position of this marker I can control the alpha-value of the points of my weight-map. The more
I put the middle-marker to one, the smaller the visual area of my lave-texture will be.
The only thing that should be taken care of: The end-marker needs to be at a position
higher than 1. Because when I took the middle-marker nearest to 1 the lava-texture does not disappear. So in the 'End'-field I
typed e.g. 2 and moved the end-marker to e.g. 1.03 .

So perhaps somebody else has another idea, it would be very helpful for me to get some hints, how others solve this. Thank you!