PDA

View Full Version : Build-in bullet dynamics V.S. Modo Recoil plugin

dianmozokov
07-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Hello everyone,

Now wait for my copy of Lightwave 10 and just wonder which is the best?LightWave 10 with Build-in bullet dynamics or the Modo 501 plugin Recoil?
Actually i have the full Modo 501 licence and if i want to have the bullet dynamics need to cash in green 200 $ bucks for it.Its not much,but for hobbyist like me this is extra money.So i decided to upgrade my 9.6 Lightwave and take all the advantage from new 10 version.I will use Lightwave mainly for animation and dynamics.Modo is great tool,but Lightwave has very powerful futures so I am happy to have it both in my production pipeline.:newtek:

hrgiger
07-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Well unfortunately LightWave 10 does not have bullet dynamics. It was supposed to be in CORE which was to be LightWave's future application but that has since changed and CORE is no longer a possibility. It's clear from all indications that they plan on implementing Bullet into LightWave, but we don't know how far down the road that is.

Steve Hurley is developing a physics plug-in for Layout which is using Bullet, Physx, and Newton. You can read and see some examples in this thread: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118454

toddd240
07-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Hello everyone,

Now wait for my copy of Lightwave 10 and just wonder which is the best?LightWave 10 with Build-in bullet dynamics or the Modo 501 plugin Recoil?
Actually i have the full Modo 501 licence and if i want to have the bullet dynamics need to cash in green 200 $ bucks for it.Its not much,but for hobbyist like me this is extra money.So i decided to upgrade my 9.6 Lightwave and take all the advantage from new 10 version.I will use Lightwave mainly for animation and dynamics.Modo is great tool,but Lightwave has very powerful futures so I am happy to have it both in my production pipeline.:newtek:

I have used the modo recoil plugin. It has some bugs, but it is actively being worked on. There will be more features added in with recoil in the future.

As for Lightwave. It will have bullet at some point. But as to when your guess is as good as mine.

I am sure the bullet for Lightwave will have its issues as well. Right now modo's recoil is live and being worked on.

dianmozokov
07-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Thank you both of you for coments.The fault is mine,because i did not notice this is upcoming future ant yet not done.If i am right this new futures will be available in LightWave 10 version right?:bday::help:

KillMe
07-12-2011, 11:03 AM
dont think anyone knows if it will make it into 10.x or not but wouldn't hold my breath if i was you

hrgiger
07-12-2011, 11:38 AM
If I had to put money on it, lets say $395, I would bet that Bullet will be one of the features they headline LightWave 11 with.

Greenlaw
07-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Yes, it looks like what you seek is what Steve Hurley is currently developing as a third party plug-in for LW 10. He recently demoed the beginnings of dynamic mesh breaking, cloth and softbodies simulation. It's meant to be easy to use and it looks fast. So far it looks very promising.

I think there may be an intention to add a native system for LW 10 but no details have been announced yet.

G.